Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pruning and Reaping Rewards!

This morning the girls and myself are going over to my mom's house to help her prune the trees and do any work she needs in the garden. This summer we are canning as much as we can to build our food storage. Ok, so mom is building her food storage and I am starting mine. I am very excited. I have never felt much of a need to accumulate food storage until recently. I am not sure exactly when it hit me. I just feel like I need to do it NOW. Usually when I get the urge to do something, it means that it needs to be done right away and there is a reason. I live in an apartment, so there isn't much that i can do in the way of storage. We have NO STORAGE. And no cupboards except in our tiny, skinny galley kitchen. Can't you just feel the love? Someday, when we buy a house,it will be open concept. My kitchen is the witdth of a diningroom chair. Ok, I digress. I have cleared out several bottom cupboards. These will be used for jars and such. Top cupboards will be used for what we are going to use in two week incriments. Flour, sugar, rice... dry extras will be stored in large icecream buckets in the hallway closet. the only closet we have. One of these days i will take a pic of my closets and post them so everyone can see how I utilize space. The closets are full to the ceiling. And organized. haha. I am very proud of my skills. :) Well, time to pack up the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment